Admit it. You love your drone and you want to be able to take it everywhere with you, but at the same time you don’t really like carrying around a backpack or an extra bag in which you can store it.
Today we will talk about the best backpacks for phantom drones. These bags will allow you to bring your favorite flying camera with you in any circumstance without worrying about damaging them in any way: small bumps, water spills and other possible damages that can happen during transportation.
When looking for a drone backpack, you should consider the following features:
- How much gear the bag can hold
- The quality of the material(s) used
- The type of closure system
- The comfort of the straps and back panel
- Any extra pockets or compartments included What is the best way to store my drone?
There are a few ways that you can store your drone when it is not in use. Most people choose to either keep their drones in their backpacks or place them special storage cases.
If you do not have a backpack designed for drones, you can also purchase cases that are specifically made for them. These cases come in many different sizes and shapes and can provide extra protection for your device.
The models reviewed today are among the most popular available on Amazon; they all have excellent comments from previous buyers and this is mostly because they practically guarantee 100% safety for your drone (and controller too).
Keep in mind that when choosing the right backpack you must consider the size of your drone and its accessories, but we will go more in depth about that in the next section.
So, without further due let’s start our review of the best backpacks for phantom drones currently available on Amazon:
- Flexible dividers securely house DJI Mavic Pro, transmitter, up to 5 extra batteries, 15 laptop and 10 tablet with additional space for Osmo and 2 Go Pros or mirrorless kit plus personal items
- Targeted lightweight protection - Compression-molded Form Shell technology protects gear from impact without added weight or bulk
- Cradle Fit pocket suspends and protects 15 laptop and up to 10 tablet
- Future-proof - Fit current and future DJI Mavic drones, maximizing your ROI
- Continuing the success of Lykus M1 backpack, M2 also centers on DJI Mavic drones and can meet the demand of more professional drone pilots who are also photographers or videographers
- Hard exterior and dividers inside prop up the backpack and soundly protect the equipment
- Package included: Backpack with Rain Cover
- Useful to carry your drone, transmitter, battery, goggle and other tools to the outdoor.
- Adjustable inside padded dividers to layout all RC gears. Isolated foam to keep your stuff secure.
- Professional & Large capacity- Dimention:12.5 x 9 x 21 inch(L x W x H), Endurax hiking camera backpack is large to fit 2 DSLR camera with long lens attached like Tamron or Sigma 150-600mm lens. Top quick access compartment can still fit a DSLR camera...
- Ultimate Protection Backpack for Mavic Series - Specialized zone compatible with DJI Mavic 2, Mavic Air, Mavic Spark, Mavic Pro or Mavic Pro Platinums etc. Specialized protective and detachable layer to prevent drones from shaking. All dividers in...
- Shockproof & weather resistant - Endurax camera and drone backpack features a hard shell PVA front armored panel both upper and lower compartment to provide extraordinary protection for your valuable gears, it is built for outdoor rugged use for...
- Created for DJI Avata Series, DJI Mini Series, DJI Mavic Series and DJI Air Series (device NOT included). Dimensions: 320x230x120mm/12.6*9*4.7in
- Its hard outer shell, made of premium EVA, provides full protection against scratches, impacts, shocks, sunlight and dust. The splash-proof materials and waterproof zippers protect your drone from water splashes.
- The backpack opens 180 degree. The main compartment includes 2 removable dividers that allow you to set up the interior to suit your needs, while the top has 3 pockets for your accessories such as tablet, mobile phone, propellers and more.
- Dimension:17.13 x 11.81 x 8.27 inch. 3 compartments included. The upper pocket is for storing clothes,shoes,towels or food,fruit and some daily necessities. The lower one (11.41 x 10.24 x 6.29 inch) is for different cameras, flashes, lens and drones....
- Padded removable modular inserts in the lower compartment is designed as customized dividers for different cameras and camera equipment. Customer can adjust the space based on their needs. Compatible with Nikon D7100, D7200, D7500, D5600, D5300,...
- This tactical camera backpack daypack is made of durable polyester material. A removable USA flag patch in front and webbing throughout whole bag can attach additional pouch or outdoor gear. Inner foam padded layer can provide good buffer and...
- Dimension:17.32 x 11.8 x 7.5 inch. 2 compartments included. Padded removable modular inserts in the upper one (16.54 x 11.42 x 5.5 inch) is customized dividers for different cameras, flashes, lens and drones. You can organize the inner padded to...
- Full open design. 2 accessory pockets on the back face can store cables, sd cards, powerbank and other small items. Tripod/monopod holder is featured with 1 secure strap on one bag side. 1 pocket on another side can store umbrella or water bottle(up...
- With waterproof PU leather hardshell protection in front. The foam padded layer can provide good buffer and protection to your internal stuff against shock and drops. High elastic back cushion can ease your pain after long time take.
- 【Product Overview】CADeN W9 camera drone backpack size: 13*6.3*17 inches/33*16*43 cm (L * W * H), weight: 1.4 kg, Strong load-bearing capacity, fits for outdoor hiking trekking women/men photographers. Package include: CADeN camera and drone...
- 【Large Capacity】Fits for 1 DSLR + 2 Lenses + 1 DJI Mavic Drone + 15.6” laptop + mobile phone + tripod + accessories, Convenient for travel or business trips.
- 【Multi Functions】①Double waterproof, made of high density waterproof 900D polyester nylon and come with rain cover, protect your photography gears from being wet;②Inner bag paddings are made of 7-layer PE foam and PP board, Strongly protect...
- 【Extra Large with Dual Compartment】: Top compartment, can hold 1 camera + 5 lens easily. Lower Compartment Max hold 1 camera + 4 lenses or 6 prime lenses. Accessory shoulder bag can hold 1 camera + 2 lenses.
- 【Ergonomic Shoulder & Waist Strap design】: Soft Padded Shoulder and waist strap with ventilated back padding help reduce load weight and maximize comfort. Adjust height of the straps depending on your preference to suit your comfort.
- 【Considerate Design】: Max 15.6" Laptop Compartment with side zipper can be side accessed. Tripod buckle straps on both sides. Accessories pouches for small devices. Rain Cover attached.
- COMPATIBLE WITH DJI AIR 3: The shape of this Air 3 case is unique and specially designed based on a 3D diamond cut surface, making you stand out and your exploring journeys distinctive. The foam inserts inside of the Air 3 carrying case used for the...
- 7+ WELL-ORGANIZED POCKETS: Everything fits snugly in this Air 3 bag with multiple pockets. The 3 cutouts and 1 large mesh pocket can strictly fit components including Air 3 drone with a gimbal protector, RC-N2/ RC 2 remote controller, a battery...
- SHOCKPROOF & WATERPROOF: The exterior of this Air 3 hard case is made of waterproof EVA hardshell quality materials to keep your investment from dirt and scratches. The interior of this Air 3 drone carrying case is lined with 4.7-inch thickened...
AmazonBasics Hardside Spinner Luggage
The first product we are going to discuss is this simple and useful hard side spinner luggage bag made by AmazonBasics.
This bag means business when it comes to transporting your equipment safely. The exterior is made with tough ABS material which ensures that everything inside will be protected during transportation.
It has four multi-directional spinning wheels which allow you to move effortlessly even through rough terrain or crowded airports. Of course, the best part is that it fits most drones (including the DJI Phantom 3) and its accessories.
The only downside of this backpack is that it doesn’t have a lot of space for other belongings, so if you’re looking for a bag that can also store your clothes or other electronics then this might not be the right one for you.
- Tough exterior
- Fits drones and accessories
- Wheels allow for easy transport
- Limited storage space
DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Backpack
If you’re looking for a backpack specifically designed for the DJI Phantom 3 and its accessories, then this is definitely the product you should be looking at.
The exterior is made of high-quality nylon material which will protect your equipment in all situations and it’s actually water-resistant so if you find yourself in a dusty environment or get caught in unexpected precipitation nothing bad will happen to your beloved drone.
Unlike most other backpacks, this one comes with a removable interior compartment for storing your controller without having to detach any parts from it (like antennas). It also has a mesh pocket on the outside which can store up to 8 batteries safely.
As far as size goes, this backpack fits perfectly inside cabin storage compartments on airplanes, making it suitable for anyone traveling frequently by air carrier.
- High-quality nylon exterior
- Water resistant
- Controller compartment is removable
- Fits in airplane cabin storage compartments
PolarPro DJI Phantom 3 Filter 6-Pack
If you’re someone who likes to have a lot of filters at their disposal, then this six-pack from PolarPro is definitely a good investment. These filters are designed to work with the DJI Phantom 3 and they will help improve your footage quality by reducing glare and other unwanted artifacts.
The best part is that they’re easy to install and use; you just have to screw them on the camera lens, rotate them when you want to change filters and keep them in place with the built-in magnets.
But, there are some downsides too; for example, most of these filters have a tinted shade attached to them which you must attach before using. This can be tricky if you’re used to just slapping on your original DJI Phantom 3 filter and getting the shot right away.
Another thing most users complain about is that there are no instructions included so it may take you a while before finding out how to use each one of these properly.
- No instructions included
- Six different types of filters available
So, those are some of the best products currently available on the market for anyone looking for a good backpack to transport their DJI Phantom 3 and its accessories. Of course, there are many more out there but these seemed to be the most popular and user-friendly ones. Choose wisely and happy flying!
Which one of these backpacks is right for you?
It really depends on your needs and budget. If you’re looking for something that’s tough and can protect your drone in any situation, then the AmazonBasics Hardside Spinner luggage bag would be a good option. If you need something specifically designed for the DJI Phantom 3 and its accessories, then the DJI Phantom 3 backpack is a better choice. And finally, if you’re looking for a variety of filters to improve your footage quality then the PolarPro filter 6-pack is a good investment.
Other related questions about Drones Backpack
What exactly is a drone backpack?
A drone backpack is a bag made for carrying the items that are used in drones. These bags vary in size and shape depending on what you want to carry with you when you go on your ride. Smaller backpacks usually cost less than larger ones but still do their job well. The more expensive bags are made for professional photographers and videographers who need to carry more equipment with them.
What are the different types of drones?
There are a few types of drones that you might want to know about before purchasing a backpack for your device. Racing drones are typically small and fast and are used for competitions. Camera drones are larger and have features built in that allow you to take pictures and videos from the air. Toy drones are the cheapest and most basic type of drone, usually intended for children.
How do I choose the right drone backpack?
The best way to choose the right drone backpack is to consider what you will be using it for. If you will only be carrying a toy drone, then any small backpack should work fine. If you plan on carrying a racing or camera drone, you will need a larger and more durable backpack that can protect your device.
Choose wisely and happy flying!